Saturday, September 23, 2006

Take Two

I swatched the Lavold Silky Wool (color 25 which isn't quite as dark as this picture would lead you to believe) last night. It was spot on the first try with US4.

I cast on for the S size and got through the first 3 repeats before calling it a night. This is where I am now. I didn't get much knitting time today, had lots of things to do at home, but have done the first decrease.

I love it! This yarn drapes amazingly. It has the crunch of silk, but the sproing of wool. I couldn't recommend it more. And I don't think there'a trade-off between drape and seeing the details in the cable. The price is probably comparable, especially if you can find it on sale. I bought it for $4.19 a skein at Webs and where I needed 12 skeins of the Quechua, yardage wise only 8 of this. Anyone wanna good deal on 12 skeins of Quechua in Exotic Red? :)

3 Comments:

Blogger RoxanneZYG said...

Wonderful start to Ivy!! Beautiful!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Glenna C said...

Lovely! And ooh, how tempted I am to take that red Quechua off your hands. But not today... ;)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello All,

I am relatively new knitter - well I am feeling very new with this project - and I am having trouble with the twisty cable part. When you slip a stitch with the yarn held to the front or back, do you slip knit-wise or purl-wise? I've tried both and rather than figuring it out, now I am more confused. Please help!

Thanks,
Robin

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home