Friday, September 22, 2006

Scratch One

I did get my Quechua in the Exotic Red and swatched it Sunday night after the kids went to bed. I got gauge on first try with US4 needles. I'm making the 36" size (S?)

Like Tarilyn I find the yarn rather splitty and honestly, a bit itchy. I have to admit, I'm really not loving the yarn. So last night at my SnB, I made the decision to scrap it and start again with my first choice the Lavold Silky Wool. Always go with the first impression right? It has some amazing drape to it and hopefully I won't have gauge issues. I shouldn't as I think it is a close match grist-wise. I did toy with a number of Rowan choices, but in a spirit of fiscal responsibility decided to use stash yarn.

I'll be swatching with the Lavold tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenna C said...

Oh dear! I am sorry the Quechua has not been your friend. But on the other hand at least you still have the Silky Wool to try - can't wait to see pics!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home