Saturday, October 14, 2006

Progress - now comes the hard part!

I've finished the second sleeve!

Behold visual proof!

I don't block (unless the yarn is just that darn special - or theoretically if it were lace) so no lovely layout of nicely shaped pieces. Instead- layers and detail.

Here is a sleeve, the back and one of the fronts.




And here is the detail of the front and the back patterning.

I'm really quite pleased with the yarn, it is showing the cables nicely and it is really easy to work with (even with my wrist in post-furniture assembly protest).

Now I've just got 52 inches (!!!) of ribbing and the sewing up process. Basically the HARD part.

[edit] - make that 104 inches... helps if one reads the make 2 part of the instructions *sigh*

(So what am I still doing here?! )

See you on the knit side!

Lady O.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenna C said...

Those sashes really are the last gasp. I feel evil for having inflicted them upon the pattern, but it is a sadly necessary step. Although I suppose if one wanted, one could always substitute matching ribbon or something... ;)

Can't wait to see what it looks like all seamed up! I've GOT to get my 2nd one seamed up, too, it's been sitting there for over a week in completed pieces.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home