Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Intro!

It sounds strange to say it, but this is my first KAL! I have lurked around some KALs, and leafed through old ones, but this is my first as a real participant. Right now I am working on Tubey, but Ivy will be my next project. As such, I don't have much to show except yarn, although it is lovely yarn. It's Rowan Cotton Glace (obviously), in the color Dijon, which is a cross between light brown and olive. I am a sucker for the colors most folks think are ugly, the kind you would find adorning '70s kitchen appliances. Yarndex reports gauge should be only one stitch short of the recommended 24 sts per 4 in, so I'm hoping for a no-fuss substitution in yarns. I loved Rowan's 4 Ply Cotton when making Orangina, and am really looking forward to the Cotton Glace. As a vegan I am pretty much in love with Rowan's cotton yarns and usually turn to them for quality subs, and since I'm on the west coast and spring is approaching, a wrap in cotton will be perfect. I'll be making the 44" chest version, meaning 15 balls should be plenty. I purchased the yarn for a great price from the seller Cucumber Patch on ebay. I really am excited about this pattern; I've never owned a wrap, let alone knitted one. I'm kinda endowed in the chestal region and most of my tops are then too loose around my stomach and waist, so a wrap is just what my wardrobe has been lacking, and those cables should pull things in right where I need them to!

Well I look forward to continue seeing everyone else's progress, I hope to have something to report for myself in a couple weeks!

7 Comments:

Blogger Susie H said...

Really gorgeous yarn, and I think the color rocks, in fact! I have similar fitting issues, and willbe sure to report as I get to the fronts of the sweater. Right now I am stillon sleeve 2, about half-done, but haven't picked it up this week to work on at all. Crazy week.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Glenna C said...

Awesome yarn, Michelle! I'm looking forward to seeing how yours knits up with it. Be sure and keep us posted. ;) I hope the pattern is a success for you!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I love the colour too! I think you might have posted the very yarn that I'll make mine out of too (colour included!)

Can't wait to see your progress on it.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, I'm glad I'm not the only one -- I can't wait to hear how your Ivy turns out and see pictures.

Canarysanctuary, that is so strange (in a good way)! I'll definitely want to hear your experiences with the yarn and we can compare notes. :)

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice colour, I think that will really suit the leafy effect of the pattern. And the twisted rib will look so crisp in cotton!

Wrap sweaters are a godsend for the 'chestally endowed'. You will wish you owned on years ago! :)

6:57 AM  
Blogger WildPurl said...

What a very nice colour, and I look forward to seeing how it looks in cotton.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just knit a Knitty 'Halfdome' hat in black Cotton Glace and it was great. The yarn was a bit splitty at times but usually because I was abusing it.

Hope you enjoy it. I am looking for a yarn sub for Ivy but don't want it in cotton

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home