Sunday, January 14, 2007

My First Ivy


I finally managed to start Ivy just after Christmas, when I had finally finished all the things I was making for other people. I've been wanting to start for a few months and I'm really enjoying it. Here is the back, which I have now finished, I've started on the left front now. I'm using Patons Diploma Gold, which is 55% wool and 45% acrylic, in a colour called Lupin. I'm fairly sure I'm going to wear this A LOT, so I wanted something I could put in the washing machine. I'm thinking I'll probably knit more than one, and I have an idea to knit a variegated one next, but one step at a time! I've been enjoying seeing all the lovely colours and yarns everyone else has used, it is very inspiring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenna C said...

Gorgeous! That pink is lovely. I've not heard of that Patons yarn before. You're right, a washable yarn is very practical , I think I have 2 Ivys in part so I can wear one while the other is being washed and air-dried ;)

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that shade of pink. That yarn also shows off the stichwork very well.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home