Friday, September 29, 2006

Back finished!

Well, I have finished the back. I am too embarrassed to post a picture yet- boy does this yarn (Quechua) need blocking. It feels nice as a finished fabric, and has a lovely fuzziness, but it has absolutely no elasticity in it at all. As a result, you can spot every row where I laid the knitting aside, and the cables look much more uneven than I'd have liked. I am reassured by the photos in the original pattern that it will all be alright in the end, and it's a lovely easy pattern to follow. Do spare a thought for those of us who are unable to order from KnitPicks !

I haven't been slipping stitches purlwise as I had never seen the original Vogue pattern; I slipped them knitwise on knit rows and purlwise on purl rows, but it looks alright as far as I can tell. I will start on the front and maybe I will be brave enough to post a picture soon!

Cathy

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenna C said...

Cathy - awesome! You finished the back lickety split! And hey, at least if the cables look slightly off, at least they're on the back and not the front. I believe the Quechua does smooth out a bit during blocking, although it isn't a 100% complete transformation.

Onwards! :)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home